Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dear God...

Thank You. I know that even with all of my creative writing expertise, I cannot fully express the extreme depths of my gratitude towards You for helping me today. I finished all of my exams except for one, which was Anthropology 230 - Science and Technology. Now, I sat at the front of the class every time. You must have seen me. I paid attention (most of the time) and even took notes for a couple of disabled students. I tried very hard in that class.

I got 64% on the mid-term. I tried even harder.

I got 68% on my research paper. Yes, it's an improvement, but only the barest kind that is really more painful than encouraging.

With all of my exams coming up, I was only left with a day and a half to 1) Copy down all the notes I'd made from the three textbooks 2) Highlight all the notes, 3) Read all of the notes made for that class so that I'd be ready for my final final, Anthropology. I stayed holed in my room for a day and a half, reading until my eyes stung, highlighting until my fingers hurt, changing my position every hour so that my muscles wouldn't atrophy, and got up an hour earlier than usual to get all of my studying done.

You already know that I prayed to you when I sat down to take that exam, all jittery and bleary-eyed as I was with terror and horrible certainity.

I prayed for mercy.

You gave me a miracle.

I don't mean that in the goopy "I believe I can Fly" miracle - I mean, look at my grades! I had a 66% average in that class!

I finished the exam in thirty-five minutes. Thirty-five minutes that included my going over the answers twice to confirm how incredibly, miraculously, unbelievably easy the exam was.
And I have you to thank. I don't know how many strings you had to pull in my professor's head to get him to write such a simple exam, but you did it, and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment