Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I've Added New Stuff!

Namely, a hit counter - so I can see how many dear readers I actually have. Whether this will prove, or shatter my beliefs that my blog is at least a tiny, humble, perfectly modest hit, is yet to be seen.
Currently, I'm pretty stressed. I've been lazy, and the result it that now I'm scrambling to study and read and take notes, and apply for scholarships and make the deadlines...
I can only fervently hope this is all over by November, so that I can participate in NaNoWriMo unimpeded. I've joined the forums now, so you may all go to www.nanowrimo.org and have a chat with me, if you like. The website is very detailed, and I've already signed up for parties and stuff with my other regional writers.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post in the NaNo forum re: fan fiction, and wanted to let you know I absolutely agree with you. Apparently it's a topic lots of people have strong opinions about. I'm only a couple years older than you, so I'm not going to be condescending like others appear to have been... but honestly, if your goal is to be a writer, you're doing the best thing you can do in writing original work.

    The argument that lots of writers do fanfic for fun may be true (though I question if these "writers" are serious), but there's no sense in them getting bent out of shape when other people accuse them of nasty things like being unoriginal and infringing copyright because, well, they are. I see you're a Hobb fan. Me too. She can't stand fan fiction and has written eloquent essays explaining why.

    Good luck next month!

    ReplyDelete